Fresh Blackberries (Or any of the local jams available – Try one with spice!)
Sliced Smoked Gouda
Fresh Spinach Leaves
Poppy Seed Dressing
Locally Baked Sourdough or other Artisan bread
1. Slice your loaf of bread, if not already sliced, to the thickness of your choice.
2. Mash up your fresh local blackberries to make it into a thick spread, or use a local jam.
3. Spread in a thick manner over one slice of bread.
4. Slice your fresh local strawberries.
5. Layer on top of the blackberry jam.
6. Slice the smoked gouda (Sometimes available at the Market as well)
7. Layer on top of strawberries.
8. Next layer the fresh local spinach leaves on top of gouda.
9. Drizzle the poppy seed dressing over the spinach leaves.
10. Top your creation with the second slice of bread.
11. Heat your skillet to medium-high.
12. Brush both sides of your sandwich with extra-virgin olive oil and grill on warm skillet until the gouda cheese is ooey-gooey! Let cool for a few minutes, cut in half and enjoy!