1 pound fresh Collard Greens
1 TBSP minced Garlic
2 TBSP canola oil
1 Cinnamon Stick
1 cup Chicken Broth
3 cups diced Tomatoes
Salt is optional
1. Remove the tough stems from greens. Wash, rinse, and chop the greens.
2. Saute the chopped garlic in oil on medium heat about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the greens, cinnamon stick and chicken broth. 1 TBSP of Salt is optional.
4. Cover and let simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
5. After 1 hour, uncover, and add the diced tomatoes, and cook an additional 15 minutes to reduce the cooking liquid.